The University of Sheffield offers Merit Scholarships to students from Africa and other Developing countries for Undergraduate studies at the University.
Eligible African Countries: Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius, Egypt, Sudan, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco
- To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one selected countries:
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered a study place at the University of Sheffield to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must apply for a study place by April for entry in September to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship will not be available to applicants who have made the University of Sheffield their insurance choice.
- The scholarship application is a separate online process to applying for a course.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement.
- The scholarship is guaranteed in the first year of study and you can also receive this in each subsequent year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above in the previous academic year. This excludes any years in industry or study abroad periods. This applies to all undergraduate programmes except Medicine and Dentistry. Students of Medicine or Dentistry will only receive the scholarship for the non-clinical years (Medicine years 1 & 2 and Dentistry year 1)
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- You must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: 50% tuition waiver
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of programme
How to Apply: Visit link below