The University of Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Scholars Programme will provide 80 undergraduate and 120 postgraduate African students with full scholarships over the next seven years. Students will receive comprehensive support to remove barriers to study in Edinburgh and they will benefit from extracurricular course elements including summer schools and internships
to build their abilities and make a difference to their home countries and communities on their return.
Eligible African Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries; applications from Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zimbabwe are particularly welcome
Field of Study:
* All Undergraduate programmes
Scholarships are available for the following Postgraduate Masters programmes:
* MSc Africa and International Development
* MSc Environment and Development
* MSc Global Health Policy
* LLM Human Rights
* MA Product Design
* MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
* You must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh. It is recommended that applicants apply to this scholarship BEFORE applying to the University.
* You must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country, whose personal circumstances would make accepting an offer from the University of Edinburgh difficult.
* You must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within your community;
* You are able to present economically disadvantaged circumstances and be able to show that you lack financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary (university) education in your home country or elsewhere.
* The scholarship is not available to students already on programme.
Number of Awardees:
* 25 scholarships are available for undergraduate programmes
* 10 scholarships are available for Masters programmes
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship will provide full scholarships, including accommodation costs, living costs, travel and tuition fees. 60 Scholars from other MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program institutions will also benefit from participating in a number of online distance learning Masters programmes offered by the University of Edinburgh. As well as receiving an excellent education at one of the top ranked universities in the world, undergraduate Scholars will:
* Participate in UK and Africa based Summer Schools;
* Complete a course on African development;
* Engage in a volunteering project in their home country;
* Undertake a work-based placement in the UK;
* Receive support on their return to their home country; and
* Following their graduation, around 50% of our undergraduate Scholars will then be supported to complete distance learning Masters degrees after their return to Africa.
Postgraduate masters Scholars will:
* Complete six courses followed by the production of a dissertation;
* Participate in a retreat designed to nurture leadership skills;
* Attend a short Summer School; and
* Undertake an internship which will include reflective learning.
Online distance Masters Scholars will:
* Undertake a range of online distance Masters degrees which will be available to 60 Scholars from Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program institutions.
Duration of Scholarship: Complete duration of any programme.
How to Apply: Visit link below.