This postgraduate course is primarily intended for students who already have an interest in forestry and who wish to learn more about the environmental and societal benefits that tropical forests can provide. Suitable applicants include individuals working in forestry/forest-related industries/ natural resource management, particularly in the fields of planning, regulation, policy, monitoring, conservation and environmental protection. The course is also suited to individuals working in forestry education who wish to further their knowledge and expertise in order to improve their teaching.
Eligible African Countries: Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
Field of Study: to study for MSc Tropical Forestry
Eligibility/Criteria: In order to be considered for a CSC scholarships, applicants are expected:
* to have at least an upper second class degree in a relevant subject (e.g. forestry, conservation, land management, natural sciences, economics). Relevant work experience is also valued. Applicants with a lower second class degree with relevant and sufficient work experience may also be considered.
* Applicants from the eligible countries do not need proof of English Language proficiency if they have studied their education through the medium of English.
* In order to study this course, students must have regular access to a computer with internet access, as the University cannot provide these to distance learning students.
* Applicants should ensure they are eligible for entry to the course and that distance learning is suitable for them before applying for a CSC scholarship.
Number and Value of Scholarships:
* Up to 5 fully-funded scholarships are available
* A small study grant (GBP £150 a month) is provided to successful scholars to assist them with the costs of computing and internet access.
* The scholarship also includes a generous bursary to enable scholars to attend a compulsory two-week study tour which will be held in a country with notable tropical forest resources in July/August.
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of study
How to Apply: Visit link below.