Every year, for five years starting in 2017, Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) will fund five scholarships for outstanding individuals from Nigeria and Ghana to pursue the Master of Public Policy degree at the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG), University of Oxford. AIG Scholars will be expected, upon graduation, to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country’s public sector.
Eligible African Countries: Nigeria and Ghana
Field of Study: Master of Public Policy
* Citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
* Age between 25 and 35 years
* Achieved an academic standing sufficiently advanced to ensure admission to Oxford and the MPP programme. This means a first-class or strong upper second-class undergraduate degree with honors (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline. For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
* Strong commitment to public service and a willingness to commit to working for a fixed number of years in your country’s public sector
* Demonstrated leadership capabilities and resultant impact
* Impeccable moral character
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: The AIG Scholarships are full scholarships covering fees, accommodation and living expenses.
Duration of Program: 1 year
How to Apply: Visit link below.