This scheme strengthens scientific research capacity in low- and middle-income countries, by providing support for junior researchers to gain research experience and high-quality research training at Masters Degree level. Research projects should be aimed at understanding and controlling diseases (either human or animal) of relevance to local, national or global health.
Eligible African Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Dem. Rep. , Congo, Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Federation Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey , Uganda, Ukraine, Rep. Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Eligibility: Interested candidate should apply if they:
* are a national of a low- or middle-income country
* hold a clinical or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a subject relevant to public health or tropical medicine.
* be at an early stage in your career with limited research experience (but you must have a demonstrated interest in, or aptitude for, research)
* have sponsorship from an eligible host organization in a low- or middle-income country
* have a research proposal that is within our public health and tropical medicine remit.
Value of the Program: The support includes:
* A stipend
* travel costs (e.g. outward and return airfares)
* approved tuition fees, according to the rate charged by the training organization.
* Wellcome Trust supports distance learning taught Master’s degrees.
* If your stipend is liable for tax in the country you’re based in, Wellcome Trust will provide costs to cover the taxed amount.
Duration: This fellowship normally provides up to 30 months’ support. A period of 12 months should normally be dedicated to undertaking a taught Masters course at a recognized centre of excellence, combined with up to 18 months to undertake a research project.
How to Apply: Visit link below.