Windle Trust International is a registered UK charity located in the University city of Oxford, with offices also in Sudan, and sister organizations in Uganda, Kenya and Ethiopia. The Trust’s work is funded by a wide range of donors and supported by universities and colleges in Britain and Africa. Windle Trust International awards Undergraduate and Postgraduate scholarships to youths and refugees in Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda and Kenya and other African countries to study in Africa or UK.
Field of Study: Preference is given to subjects that offer a high probability of future employment and are of direct value to development.
* Windle Trust is keen to encourage applications from women and individuals from other particularly disadvantaged groups.
* Eligible applicants are welcomed from all religious, backgrounds and ethnic groups..
* Priority is given to applicants of particular merit taking into account academic ability, need, development impact, leadership potential and personal qualities.
* Applicants should have an excellent first degree, with a minimum grade equivalent to a British upper second (2:1) undergraduate degree or above.
* Applicants for postgraduate sponsorship are required to have at least two years of professional or volunteer experience relevant to the subject they wish to study.
* Applicants for postgraduate study should be under forty years old.
* Most of the postgraduate study opportunities available are in the UK. Applicants are only considered if they can satisfy the trustees that they are committed to returning to Africa after their studies.
Value of Award:
* Return airfare to and from the United Kingdom
* Pre-university orientation on arrival in Oxford on issues such as adapting to life in the UK and dealing with culture shock, managing finances, study methods and accessing health care in the UK as well as practical scholarship arrangements
* Fully paid/waived overseas student tuition fees
* Maintenance (upkeep) stipend for the entire period (12 months) of study
* Leadership training and coaching programme
* Themed Conference and Workshop in January and July respectively on issues relevant to students and the challenges they face on return such as CV writing, job searching and interview skills
* Visits and pastoral support during the course of the studies
Duration of Scholarship: Priority is given to applicants for postgraduate programmes up to one year in length.
How to Apply: Visit link below.