The Centre of African Studies at SOAS, University of London, offers the extension of the Governance for Development in Africa Initiative, funded by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation, for another three years, until 2021. The Mo Ibrahim Foundation has generously provided SOAS with two PhD scholarships every year for African students undertaking a full‐time PhD and Masters programme in the field of Governance for Development in Africa
Eligible Countries: African countries
Fields of Study: The eligible PhD are only those within the following departments:
* Development Studies
* International Relations/Politics
* CISD (Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy)
* DEFIMS (Department for Financial and Management Studies )
* Distance Learning: CEFIMS(Centre for Financial and Management Studies), DEFIMS
* Candidates must be domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country.
* Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub‐Saharan Africa.
Number of Awardees: 2
Value of Scholarship:
* The scholarship provides for fees for three years. However, accommodation and living cost are covered for the first year only. The scholarship will also cover in total 2 return flights. In year 2 and year 3, the successful candidate will also receive an annual stipend of £5,000. Covers visa cost, provided receipts are submitted to the Centre of African Studies office.
Duration of Scholarship: 3 years
How to Apply: Visit link below.