Commonwealth Medical Fellowships (Enhancing Clinical Skills) are offered for mid-career medical staff from developing Commonwealth countries. These fellowships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
Eligible African Countries: Cameroon, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
Eligibility: Mid-career medics working in universities or affiliated teaching hospitals in developing Commonwealth countries.
To apply for these fellowships, candidate must:
* Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
* Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
* Be employed by a hospital affiliated to a university
* Be available to start your fellowship in the UK in January
* Have qualified as a doctor
* Have qualified at a medical school recognized by the World Directory of Medical Schools
* Have met the English language requirements of the General Medical Council (GMC) by 31 August
Applications are considered according to the following selection criteria:
* Academic merit of the candidate
* Quality of the plan of study
* Potential impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country
Duration of Fellowship: Between three and six months
Value of Fellowship: Each fellowship provides:
* Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award
* Research support grant, payable to your host university hospital
* Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,594 per month, or £1,977 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area
* Reimbursement of the fee for a single English language test and the fee for General Medical Council (GMC) registration
* Arrival allowance; Study travel grant towards the costs of approved travel within the UK or overseas
How to Apply: Visit link below.