Multiple Sclerosis (MS) International Federation offers the McDonald Research Fellowship for Emerging Countries in Medical fields to enable young researchers to work in a research institution outside their own country, with a view to returning to their country to establish a programme of MS research that involves the application of the newly learned techniques.
Eligible African Countries: all countries with a low, lower middle or upper middle income as defined by the World Bank.
Field of Study: The program will accept applications from all areas of research related to MS and encourage applications in the areas of symptom relief, rehabilitation and palliative care.
Eligibility: All candidates must:
* be under 35 at the time of application
* be educated to post graduate level in an area relevant to multiple sclerosis (MS)
* be citizens of an emerging country (all countries with a low, lower middle or upper middle income as defined by the World Bank)
* focus their research in an area of neuroscience relevant to MS
Candidates must also be in one of the following situations:
* working or studying in an emerging country
* working or studying in another country on a project which started within the six months prior to nomination
* studying in another country on a project supported by an MS International Federation grant.
Number of Awardees: not specified
Value of Fellowship: The fellowship consists of a two-year grant, around UK £30,000 per year, to cover travel and living costs, and an additional contribution of UK £2,000 per year to the host institution.
Duration of Fellowship: two years
How to Apply: Visit link below.