The Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarship (OCISS) was established to allow Muslim scholars undertake independent studies of benefit to the Muslim community. Fellows undertake a period of self-directed research and study at OCIS based on the culture and civilization of Islam, and of all aspects of contemporary Muslim societies in the global context. The Chevening-OCIS Fellowship Award offers financial support to individuals to undertake a period of independent study and research at the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies.
Eligible Africa Countries: Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Nigeria, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania and Tunisia.
Eligibility: To be eligible for a Chevening/OCIS Fellowship, candidate must:
* Demonstrate the potential to rise to positions of leadership and influence.
* Demonstrate that they possess the personal, intellectual and interpersonal attributes reflecting this potential.
* Be a citizen of one of the above listed countries, who will return to your home country at the end of the period of fellowship.
* A postgraduate (PG) level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application;
* Significant professional and/or academic research experience (5+ years);
* Applicants who have previously received financial benefit from an HMG funded scholarship or fellowship are eligible to apply after a period of five years following the completion of their first HMG funded award and are required to demonstrate their career progression from that point;
* Provide evidence of meeting at least the minimum English language abilities for Chevening Awards
* Not hold dual nationality where one nationality is British (other than for nationals exempt from this requirement listed in the Chevening Guidance for Applicants).
* Not be employees, employees’ relatives of Her Majesty’s Government including the FCO, the British Council, DFID, MOD, BIS, UKTI and UKBA, the Association of Commonwealth Universities or OCIS or any of their wholly-owned subsidiaries.
Number of Awardees: Up to five awards are normally available annually
Duration of Fellowship: The fellowship starts in October for a six month period of research at OCIS.
Value of Award:
* 6 month period of research at OCIS
* Living expenses for the duration of the Fellowship
* Return economy airfare from their home country to the UK
* Allowance package for study related activities
How to Apply: Visit link below.