The University of Manchester is committed to supporting postgraduate research students. Each year the University invests substantially in doctoral funding. In addition to these internal funds, the University is highly successful in attracting sponsorship for research students, in particular from the research councils, industry, trusts and charities. The University of Manchester is offering its President’s Doctoral Scholar Awards (PDS Award) for September entry to all nationalities and research areas.
Field of Study: Within the Faculty of Science and Engineering,
Eligibility: PDS Award funding will be allocated to the most outstanding applicants seeking PhD training opportunities.
Applicants must have obtained (or expect to obtain) a minimum first-class honors degree (or equivalent), and ideally hold a Masters-level qualification at merit or distinction (or equivalent). They should also have a track-record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promoting their research to a wider audience, prizes/accolades for previous research work, setting
Number of Awardees: At least 40 scholarships
Value of Scholarship: PDS Awards status will entitle successful candidates to a further £1,000 enhancement to their funded stipend/living allowance. They will also benefit from:
* a series of exclusive events where you will have the opportunity to meet the University of Manchester President and Vice Chancellor, interact closely with our academic community and network with other PDS Awards students.
* international research leadership under distinguished scholars.
* becoming a PDS Awards ambassador for the University.
* receiving a President’s Doctoral Scholar medal at graduation.
* from our extensive transferable skills training for PhD researchers.
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of research
How to Apply: Visit link below.