This scholarship scheme provides a valuable opportunity for postgraduate research students to undertake a package of training and development which will help them to develop the necessary skills required to meet their career choices and offer them a breadth of development opportunities in areas such as teaching, public engagement, entrepreneurship, and research.
Field of Study: Scholars will usually focus on one career development area. These include:
* Public Engagement
* Data Science
* The awards are open to UK, EU and overseas students applying to start their first year of study for a research degree.
* Applicants must have already applied for admission to a full-time PhD research programme of study at the University. Applicants intending to study a part-time PhD
research programme will only be considered for the scholarship if they have the approval of the School they wish to study with.
* Candidates are required to have good English Language skills with scholarship applicants normally requiring a minimum IELTS of 7.0 achieved within the past two years. Please check the Entry Requirements for your proposed programme of study for details of other acceptable English language qualifications. The requirement for an IELTS score of 7.0 (or equivalent) may be higher than the level required for admissions purposes.
* You may apply for the scholarship prior to obtaining the necessary English language test results but the results should be uploaded as soon as possible.
* Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and research potential. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, a UK first class or 2:1 honors degree at undergraduate level or the international equivalent.
* Other factors such as financial status, nationality and the proposed field of study are not taken into account.
* The University will not generally consider candidates who have already obtained a PhD, or formal equivalent, as a result of direct research training.
Number of Scholarships: up to 45
Scholarship Benefits: Each scholarship covers the UK/EU rate of tuition fee as well as a stipend of £15,000.
Duration of Program: Subject to satisfactory progress, the scholarships are awarded for three years.
How to Apply: Visit link below.