The EPSRC Doctoral Prize is a prestigious scheme aimed at developing the very best EPSRC funded students beyond the end of their PhD and help them launch a successful career in research as potential future research leaders. Successful applicants will be expected to take their research to the next level and undertake significant new research; the Prize must not be viewed merely as an opportunity to continue/complete PhD work although continuation of specific work from the applicants’ PhD that will result in publications may be permitted.
* Candidates may apply for funding for not less than six months and not more than 12 months.
* The proposed project must be within the EPSRC remit;
* Candidates must be able to demonstrate a clear commitment to remaining in academia.
* Candidates must have been funded for their PhD studies by the EPSRC in the form of fees and/or stipend in order to be eligible for an EPSRC Doctoral Prize.
* If candidates have already submitted their thesis at the time of application, this must not be more than six months before commencing an EPSRC Doctoral fellowship.
* Although candidates are not required to have submitted their thesis prior to application, successful applicants must have submitted their PhD thesis before they can start to receive EPSRC Doctoral Prize funding.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
* The University will provide Fellows with excellent research and training environments including a first class and challenging career development training programme.
* In addition to a Project Sponsor, recipients of a Prize will also have access to an academic mentor who will offer advice and support regarding the mentee’s research and career development throughout the duration of the award.
* Successful applicants will be awarded a tax-free living allowance of £24,370 per annum (pro rata).
Duration of Scholarship: 12 months
How to Apply: Visit link below.