The Crick African Network’s African Career Accelerator awards will provide Fellowship support for African Post-Doctoral researchers aiming to make the transition to becoming an independent researcher and launching their own research group.
The CAN African Career Accelerator Awards will invest in early-career researchers who have demonstrated strong scientific and leadership potential, as well as a commitment to continuing their research on the African continent. This call is made possible by funding from the UK’s Global Challenges Research Fund.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the African Career Accelerator Awards:
* Applicants must be a citizen of one of the 55 African nations, as defined by the African Union.
* Applicants will also have a PhD and have no more than 6 years’ post-doctoral research experience (with allowances for legitimate career breaks) but more than 2 years’ post-doctoral experience unless the applicant has an outstanding track record, supported by publication and employment history.
* will have a strong track record of research.
* will have a PhD, and have progressed to a postdoctoral role through which they are on a demonstrable path to independence.
* Prior experience of applying for grant funding is desirable but not required.
* Neither is it essential to currently be employed on the African continent, but applications should demonstrate the applicant’s desire to establish themselves as an independent researcher on the African continent.
Number of Awards: Up to 6
Value of Award: Each Fellowship has a value of up to approximately £130,000.
Duration of Programme: Up to two years.
How to Apply: Visit link below.