The Centre of African Studies, with the assistance of the A.G. Leventis Foundation, offers Visiting Research Fellowships to be held at the University of Cambridge. The aim of the Fellowships is to enable the fellows to focus on a period of research and writing in Cambridge. Applications are invited for Visiting Research Fellowships to take effect from October.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Field of Study: Applications are invited from candidates in all the disciplines in the humanities and social sciences. Applicants are expected to have completed a doctoral degree before the Fellowship start date.
* Preference will be given to candidates with a distinguished research profile commensurate with their academic rank.
* Early-to mid-career researchers are particularly encouraged to apply.
* Offers are normally made to applicants who are permanent residents in Africa.
* It is expected that applicants would be intending to come to Cambridge to work on a project building on existing research for which a period of residence in Cambridge is demonstrably appropriate.
* They should present a clear and feasible plan for preparing one or more pieces of work for publication.
* The initiation of a new research project will not be ruled out where there is a realistic expectation that it could be substantially advanced by the end of the tenure of the Fellowship.
* The University follows an equal opportunities policy and does not discriminate according to race, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
Number of Scholarships: Two
Value of Scholarship: Each award is worth up to £17,000, out of which travel, college accommodation, maintenance costs and medical insurance will be paid by the Centre on behalf of the fellow.
Duration of Scholarship: The maximum duration of a Fellowship is six months and is non-renewable.
How to Apply: Visit link below.