REACH is launching a call for proposals for an African postdoctoral fellowship in hydro economics. Up to £60,000 of funding will be available until March 2019 for a researcher to help deliver improved water security in Sub-Saharan Africa by investigating what evidence exists for water-related economic drag in Ethiopia’s highly significant Awash basin. The REACH Programme is a 7-year, £15m programme funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DfID). This project, led by the University of Oxford, involves a research consortium of global leaders in water science, policy and practice. The REACH programme aims to make five million poor people ‘water secure’ by 2022.
Eligibility: These Fellowships are intended for early to mid-career academics and researchers. Applicants must
* be nationals of a Sub-Sahara African country and should hold a PhD at the time of application.
* The Fellowship must be undertaken on a fulltime basis. A limit of 1 hour teaching per week is allowed. The funding arrangement can be designed as a teaching buy-out in agreement with your University or research organization.
* Applications from PhD candidates will not be considered. ‘Early to mid-career’ is defined as within 10 years of completion of a PhD at the time of application; however career breaks can be taken into account and should be made clear in the CV.
REACH partners are eligible to be host institutions. Each host institution must be able to demonstrate that it:
* has internal controls which provide reasonable assurance that the use of resources is consistent with all relevant laws, regulations, and award terms; and
* is able to safeguard resources against waste, loss, and misuse; and will obtain, maintain, and fairly disclose reliable data in reports.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award:
* Funding available for this project is subject to a maximum £60,000 for the entire period. Funding requests cannot exceed this amount.
* All budgets must not allocate more than 20% of direct costs to overheads. Per diems will not be permitted under the REACH funding agreement but travel costs will be covered such as accommodation, food and others as per REACH guideline.
Duration of Program: Projects are expected to begin as soon as possible after award.
How to Apply: Visit link below.