Wellcome Trust Collaborative Awards are open for promising researchers from the UK, Republic of Ireland and developing countries for pursuing research in the field of science. Collaborative Awards promote the development of new ideas and speed the pace of discovery. We fund teams of researchers, consisting of independent research groups, to work together on the most important scientific problems that can only be solved through collaborative efforts.
Eligibility: Collaborative Awards are for teams of researchers bringing together the relevant expertise and experience to address the most important scientific problems.
Each applicant must be essential to the proposed collaborative research and have:
* Proven research expertise and experience in their field.
* An academic or research post (or equivalent).
* A salary for the duration of the award period. If this is not in place, your employing organization must provide a gua
* Your proposal should describe a significant piece of work that addresses the most important questions, in an area relevant to the mission of the Wellcome Trust.
* You should be able to demonstrate why the scientific problem you are tackling can only be solved through an integrated, collaborative team effort.
* We encourage interdisciplinary research collaborations, although they are not essential. We also encourage applications that propose interdisciplinary research across our Science, Humanities and Social Science and Innovations teams.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Level of Funding: Up to £4 million
Duration of Funding: Up to 5 years
How to Apply: Visit link below.