Wellcome Trust offers fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine to mid-career researchers from low- and middle-income countries. This scheme offers research experience and training to early-stage researchers. The scheme aims to support research that will improve public health and tropical medicine at a local, national and global level.
Eligible African Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Eligible Field of Study: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Public Health
Eligibility: A researcher can apply for a Training Fellowship in Public Health and Tropical Medicine if:
* They’re a researcher based in a low- or middle-income country.
* They must want to undertake a guided period of research so that you can consolidate your existing experience and explore new areas of research.
* They must be a national of a low- or middle-income country and have:
o a PhD and be an early-career researcher or
o a degree in a subject relevant to public health or tropical medicine and some initial research experience or
o a degree in medicine and be qualified to enter higher specialist training and some initial research experience.
* If you don’t have a PhD, you are expected to register for one if you’re awarded this fellowship.
* You must have an eligible sponsoring organization in a low- or middle-income country that will administer the fellowship for the full duration of the award.
* If you’ve been away from research (e.g. for a career break, maternity leave, or long-term sick leave), we’ll allow for this when we consider your application.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: Support includes:
* A basic salary (determined by your host organization)
* Personal removal expenses
* Research expenses, directly related to your proposal
* course fees – in most cases, you must register for your higher degree at a local academic organization.
Duration of Fellowship: 3 years.
How to Apply: Visit link below.