The scheme provides the opportunity for the best early stage post-doctoral researchers from all over the world to work at UK research institutions for a period of two years. The scheme covers the broad range of the natural and social sciences and the humanities. It also covers clinical and patient orientated research for applicants from Newton Fund partner countries. The scheme is jointly run by the British Academy, the Academy of Medical Sciences and the Royal Society. Currently there is one round per year which opens in January.
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply you must:
* have a PhD, or will have a PhD by the time the funding starts
* have no more than 7 years of active full time postdoctoral experience at the time of application (discounting career breaks, but including teaching experience and/or time spent in industry)
* be working outside the UK
* not hold UK citizenship
* be competent in oral and written English
* have a clearly defined and mutually-beneficial research proposal agreed with a UK host scientist
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship:
* Newton Fellowships last for two years. Funding consists of £24,000 per annum for subsistence costs, and up to £8,000 per annum research expenses, as well as a one-off payment of up to £2,000 for relocation expenses.
* Awards include a contribution to the overheads incurred, at a rate of 50% of the total award to the visiting researcher.
* Applicants may also be eligible to receive up to £6,000 annually following the tenure of their Fellowship to support networking activities with UK-based researchers.
Duration of Fellowship: 2 years
How to Apply: Visit link below.