The Jacobs University, Germany has partnered with MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program to offer scholarship and leadership development program to support 24 students from Africa. Since the beginning of the partnership in 2012, Jacobs has enrolled ten MasterCard Foundation Scholars, four of whom have already graduated and entered graduate school or taken up jobs on the African continent.
Eligibility: Partner institutions will identify and select young men and women from economically disadvantaged communities who have demonstrated the following attributes:
* Academic Talent: Scholars value learning and have the drive to complete their education.
* Commitment to Giving Back: Scholars have a demonstrated commitment to improving their communities.
* Potential to Lead: Scholars will become role models, mentors, and problem solvers.
Number of Scholarships: 2 each year
Value of Scholarship
* Students receive financial support for fees, uniforms, books and supplies, transportation, accommodation, and stipends.
* Students benefit from enrichment in skill areas relevant to employment success, such as critical thinking, communications, and entrepreneurship.
* Students will receive support during their transition into secondary school, university or the workforce with mentoring, career counseling, internships, leadership development, and other life skills coaching.
* An integral component of the Program is the commitment from the Scholars to give back to their communities and countries of origin. Students will demonstrate this commitment
through volunteerism and community service, as well as other forms of experiential learning.
* Graduates of the Scholars Program will be connected through an alumni network that offers information, resources, and opportunities to consult with other graduates.
Duration of Scholarship: 3 years (yearly renewable)
How to Apply: Contact the university firstname.lastname@example.org +49 421 200-4200.