The joint International Master in Rural Development (IMRD), part of the European Commission’s Erasmus Mundus JMD programme, offers the opportunity to become an international expert on rural development in its diversity of approaches and applications.
Eligible African Countries: Countries labeled as Partner countries under the EMJMD Consortium agreement. Through IMRD you can study at least one semester at the following universities:
* Ghent University (Belgium)
* Humboldt University of Berlin (Germany)
* Agrocampus Ouest (France)
* University of Pisa (Italy)
* Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra (Slovakia)
* ESPOL (Ecuador)
* China Agricultural University (China)
* Nanjing Agricultural University (China)
* University of Arkansas (USA)
* University of Pretoria (South Africa)
* University of Agricultural Sciences of Bangalore (India)
* Applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s degree of min. 3 years from a university or recognized equivalent in preferably bioscience engineering or agricultural sciences, (preferably agricultural economics) with good overall scores (at least a second class or equivalent, preferably higher).
* Applicants must be able to demonstrate through their transcripts basic science training in: (i) mathematics and/or statistics; (ii) agronomy and/or biology and/or environmental sciences; and (iii) social sciences/sociology and/or rural development and/or economics.
* Language requirements: The English language proficiency can be met by providing a certificate (validity of 5 years) of one of the following tests: – TOEFL IBT 80 – TOEFL PBT 550 – ACADEMIC IELTS 6,5 overall score – CEFR B2 Issued by a European university language centre – ESOL CAMBRIDGE English CAE (Advanced)
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of the Program:
* 2 year Programme Costs for the IMRD programme (= 2 x 9,000 => 18,000 EUR)
* 2 year full worldwide insurance coverage
* contribution to travel and installation costs (either 5,000 or 7,000 EUR)
* 24 monthly subsistence allowances (= 24 x 1,000 => 24,000 EUR)
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
How to Apply: Visit links below.