In order to adequately prepare the next generation of leaders through research-oriented training it is not sufficient to have the possibility to award scholarships to promising candidates from all over Sub-Saharan Africa, but it is also necessary to maintain a strong research focus on the work of the centre and to cooperate closely with other leading universities in the region.
The DRD – Institute of Development Research and Development offers DAAD merit scholarships per year for applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record. The scholarship will be taken at University of the Western Cape, South Africa and Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany
Field of Study: Scholarships are available for full-time students of
* MA in Development Studies
* Master in Public Administration
* MA in Development Management
* PhD options at the CDR
Eligibility: Requirements for application and application procedure
* Applicants should be from Sub-Sahara Africa
* Applicants should have an outstanding academic record – at least 70% of your last degree
* Applicants should apply within 6 years of having completed their previous degree
* The study must have been completed at an internationally recognized university
* The previous degree (Baccalaureus or Master) should have been an academic discipline which is related to Development Studies or Public Administration
* South African students are required to have an honors degree in order to be admitted to a Masters degree course. Other students need the equivalent of a 4 year undergraduate degree
* Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. This can be TOEFL test or a similar standard test or a letter from an academic institution
* Work and/or voluntary experie
* Women are encouraged to apply
* Applicants must be able to study fulltime at the UWC for the required period.
Number of Scholarships: not specified
Value of the Program: Scholarships include monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates.
Duration of Scholarship: for period of the programme
How to Apply: Visit link below.