The KAAD Scholarship Program is addressed to postgraduates and to academics living in their home countries who already gained professional experience and who are interested in postgraduate studies (or research stays) in Germany. This program is administered by regional partner committees, staffed by university professors and church representatives. Normally documents are submitted to the committee of the applicant’s home country.
Eligible African Countries: Countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America. Countries in Africa include: Ghana, Ethiopia, Kenya (with Uganda and Tanzania) and Zimbabwe.
Field of Study: There is no specific subject-preference. However, the selection board has often given preference to courses and subjects that they felt to be of significance for the home country of the applicant.
Eligibility: To be eligible, candidates must:
* come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently living there
* have a university degree and professional experience from their home country
* want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project at a German university
* be Catholic Christian (or generally belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
* possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany)
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of the Program: Help by KAAD with their Visa-modalities, paid for the flights to Germany and back, provided with language training in Germany prior to their studies, etc.
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of research
How to Apply: Visit link below.