With support of the Yousef Jameel Scholarship Fund, Humboldt-Universität will annually award five scholarships to doctoral candidates in the natural science fields. Promoting the development of young scientists and scholars is a declared goal of Humboldt-Universität. Humboldt-Universität places a high priority on preparing leading young researchers and scientists for careers in research and teaching.
Eligible African Countries: Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Tunisia.
Field of Study: Informatics/ Computer Science, Mathematics, Biology/ Biomedicine, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and Agricultural Science.
* Applicants must possess an academic degree and fulfill the requirements necessary for admission to a doctoral programme at the appropriate Humboldt-Universität faculty. The applicant must obtain admission to a doctoral programme before the scholarship’s starting date.
* Very good written and spoken English as well as good German communications skills are required.
* Applications will only be considered from students of Arab countries and Turkey who credibly demonstrate their intent to return.
* To increase the proportion of women at the university, applications from qualified women are particularly encouraged.
* Disabled persons will receive preference, assuming equal qualifications.
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: The stipend awarded is in the amount of 1340 Euros per month, plus materials expenses.
Duration of Program: The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years and commence on October 1.
How to Apply: Visit link below.