The Friedrich Ebert Foundation supports international students from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe who study at universities in Germany. International students from all subjects (except the medical disciplines) are eligible to apply for this scholarship. To address social disadvantages by supporting students who actively work for freedom, justice and social cohesion in their commitment to social democracy, or will do so in future, continues to be one of the aims of the FES.
The FES can only award scholarships to applicants from abroad who have already enrolled in a German university or have a supervisor for their doctoral studies.
* It is not only the applicants’ academic achievement but their social and political involvement and personal attitudes that play an important part in the selection process.
* Students are expected to be living in Germany before they apply and have to provide proof of an adequate command of the German language by submitting a language proficiency certificate
* Since foreign scholarship holders will receive an extensive social and political side programme, German language proficiency is crucial even when the study programme itself (M/B) is carried out in English.
* At the time of application, foreign students should be able to submit proof of their initial academic achievements/marks with the exception of those enrolled in Master or other postgraduate programmes.
Number of Awards: Up to 40 students from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe may qualify for the scholarship programme every year
Value of the Program: Foreign scholarship holders receive:
* 650 € per month (basic scholarship programme) / 1000 € per month (graduate scholarship programme)
* 276 € of family allowance, if applicable
* refund of health care costs
* any income exceeding 400 € per month will be credited against the scholarship.
How to Apply: Visit link below.