At the beginning of a new application round, the Akademie stipulates a new central topic within the context of its art, science & business program which is designed to include not only fellows from all disciplines, but external specialists too. All fellows – artists, scientists and economists – are free to participate in projects related to the central topic. The Akademie Schloss Solitude fellowship is an international residence fellowship for artists and designers of all genre. 50 to 70 fellowships are allocated every 24 months.
* Persons up to 35 or if older who have completed a university or college degree within the past five years are welcome to apply.
* Currently enrolled university or college students (at the time of application) will not be considered for selection.
* Several fellowships are also awarded regardless of the applicant’s age. It is possible to complete a project within the framework of the fellowship.
Number of Awardees: 50 to 70 fellowships are allocated every 24 months.
Value of Fellowship: It is expected that the fellows spend at least two-thirds of their residency at Akademie Schloss Solitude. The fellowship includes the following:
* A combined apartment / studio, furnished with electricity, water and heat free of charge
* A stipend amounting to Euro 1,150 monthly. The Akademie may also offer additional financial supplements, depending on its respective budget situation.
* A supplement for so-called double housekeeping (subsidy for apartment or studio costs); freight cost subsidy for the transport of materials, tools and instruments to and from Stuttgart; a project promotion subsidy and a one-time materials subsidy; in the case of non-German guests (from non EU-countries), assumption of part of their health insurance expenses.
* The use of the workshops owned by Akademie Schloss Solitude under the supervision of the technical director, are free of charge for fellowship holders.
* In light of the historical character and architectural substance of the building, the combined apartment/studios are generally only suitable for one person. In special cases the Akademie will consider allocating two studios for families.
* All artists invited to stay at Akademie Schloss Solitude are obliged to establish residence in Stuttgart for the duration of the grant (compulsory registration).
Duration of Fellowship: Fellowships are granted for three to twelve months.
How to Apply: Visit link below.