The EM JMD ACES will propose best ranked students to be awarded with individual Erasmus Mundus scholarships according to the student selection criteria approved by the EACEA and the Erasmus Mundus programme guidelines. The concession of the scholarship will be subjected to the following limitations:
* Exclusively full-time enrolment.
* Not being awarded with other EU grants for the same joint course over the length of the course concerned
The ACES Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree involves study periods in three different European countries (UK, France and Greece)
* Semester 1: SAMS, University of the Highlands and Islands, UK
* Semester 2: University of Crete, Greece – focus on finfish aquaculture
* Semester 3: University of Nantes, France – focus on shellfish aquaculture
* Semester 4: research projects in Oban, Nantes or Crete
Eligibility: The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in AquaCulture, Environment and Society is open to students who meet the following minimum conditions:
* Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in one of the fields of environmental or social sciences. An appropriate background could include; Aquaculture-related studies, Marine Science,
Aquatic Biology, Biology, Environmental Sciences or Marine Resources, Environmental Economics and Environmental Policy. You should have a bachelor degree at the time of application for the scholarship, i.e. by 17 February.
* English competence equivalent to 6.5 Academic IELTS (with a minimum of 6.0 in all four components).
* We particularly welcome applications from mature students and/or those with practical working experience in the aquaculture industry.
English Language Requirements
* All candidates must hold an IELTS (Academic) qualification or an equivalent qualification obtained through a Secure English Language Test (SELT), which is valid until at least September.
* Please note that TOEFL iBT testing will no longer be accepted for UK visa granting purposes.
To be selected here’s the criteria and process
* Academic excellence and suitability
* Level of language skills
* Motivation and potential
* Quality of reference
All candidates who submit eligible and complete applications will receive information on their final scores. The top 50-60 applicants will be sent an email during early March to invite them to take part in a Skype interview on either 13th or 14th March.
Number of Awardees: The number of scholarships will be defined on a yearly basis.
Value of Scholarship:
* € 2,000 per year for travel costs + € 1,000 for installation costs for scholarship holder resident of a Partner Country whose location is situated at less than 4,000 km from the EM JMD coordinating institution (i.e. UHI-SAMS).
* €3,000 per year for travel costs + € 1,000 for installation costs for scholarship holder resident of a Partner Country whose location is situated at 4,000 km or more from the EM JMD coordinating institution (i.e., UHI-SAMS).
* € 1,000 per month monthly allowance for the entire duration of the EM JMD study programme (i.e. 24 months).
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
How to Apply: Visit link below.