The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme was established by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development to enable French higher education establishments to attract top foreign students to enroll in their master’s and PhD courses. It helps to shape the future foreign decision-makers of the private and public sectors, in priority areas of study, and encourages applications from emerging countries at master’s level, and from emerging and industrialized countries at PhD level.
Field of Study: Eiffel scholarships are available in three main fields:
* engineering science at master’s level,
* science in the broadest sense at PhD level (engineering science; exact sciences: mathematics, physics, chemistry and life sciences, nano- and biotechnology, earth sciences, sciences of the universe, environmental sciences, information and communication science and technology);
* economics and management;
* law and political sciences.
* Only foreign nationals are eligible to apply for a scholarship from the French Government.
* In the case of dual nationality applicants, those with French nationality are ineligible.
* for master’s courses, candidates must be no older than 30 on the date of the selection committee meeting; at PhD level, candidates must be no older than 35 on the date of the selection committee meeting.
* only applications submitted by French educational establishments are accepted.
* scholarships are for students wishing to enroll on a master’s course, including at an engineering school, and for PhD students.
* Educational establishments that shortlist non-French speaking applicants must ensure that their level of French is sufficient to enable them to integrate satisfactorily into the anticipated course
* Combination with other scholarships: foreign students who, at the time of application, have already been awarded a French government scholarship under another programme are not eligible, even if the scholarship in question does not include social security cover.
* Eiffel PhD scholarships: Establishments may nominate a candidate who was previously awarded an Eiffel scholarship at master’s level for a scholarship at PhD level.
* Eiffel master’s scholarships: no application will be accepted for any student who applied previously but was rejected, even if the application is submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study
* Language skills: when pre-selecting non-French-speaking candidates, establishments must make sure that their language skills meet the requirements of the relevant course of study.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Value of Scholarship:
* The Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,181 (a maintenance allowance of €1,031 and a monthly stipend of €150).
* In addition, the following expenses are directly covered: – one international return journey;– social security cover; – cultural activities. Scholarship holders may also receive an additional housing allowance, under certain conditions.
* The Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,400.
* In addition, the following expenses are directly covered: – one international return journey (for students in law or political sciences who may make several trips, only one return journey shall be covered); – social security cover; – cultural activities. Scholarship holders may also receive an additional housing allowance, under certain conditions.
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship is awarded for:
* a maximum of 12 months for entry at M2 level,
* a maximum of 24 months for entry at M1 level,
* a maximum of 36 months for an engineering degree.
A 2-month preliminary intensive language training course. Optional placements are not covered by the grant.
For PhD: The Eiffel scholarship is awarded for a maximum of ten months.
How to Apply: Visit link below.