Under the auspices of INSPIRE, USPC aims to recruit doctoral candidates of the highest caliber to join its research groups and enhance the standing and visibility of its Graduate Schools, and of the University, at an international level.
Field of Study:
* Social Sciences and Humanities
* Physical Sciences and Engineering
* Life Sciences
* As per definition by the European Commission, as an Early Stage Researcher, you need to have obtained the degree which would formally entitle you to embark on a doctorate in France, no more than four years before the start date of the INSPIRE PhD contract.
* You must not be enrolled in a
* You must not already be in possession of a PhD degree.
* compulsory national service in the home country, and/or short stays of less than a month, such as holidays in France, are not taken into account.
* Stays in the country of past and present residence are also limited by the EU-mobility rule.
* All required data and documents need to be submitted via the web-based portal by 17h on the 9th of January.
* Applications in SDVS and SET will need to be submitted in English. Applications in HALL and SS may be submitted in French or English.
* Missing documents will render the application null and void.
* Applicants can apply to more than one research group at USPC – they have to inform the concerned thesis supervisors in this case.
* Thesis supervisors may present more than one candidate provided they include co-supervisors (“co-encadrant.e” or “co-tutelle”) in the application.
* The proposed research project should be supported by the host research group at USPC and should not be excluded from EU funding due to ethical issues.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: These PhD fellowships are remunerated above that of a standard French PhD contract with a gross monthly salary, including employer costs, of ~2600 €. This salary includes unemployment insurance, work-site insurance, and health insurance as well as a pension plan. After standard deductions, this will amount to a net salary of ~ 1500 € (a typical gross salary after deduction of employer costs is around 1900 €).
Duration of Fellowship: 3 years
How to Apply: Visit link below.