The objective of the ADMP is to strengthen appreciation and understanding of mathematics, particularly at the postgraduate level, by utilizing the expertise of African Diaspora mathematicians, whilst at the same time encouraging collaboration in research by mathematicians in Africa and those in the African Diaspora, through the partnerships established in the Program.
Field of Study:
* Postgraduate (starting from Master level) teaching and examination;
* Postgraduate supervision;
* Curriculum design or improvement;
* Research collaboration;
* Mentorship of young staff members and postgraduate students;
* Advice on acquisition of software, literature and other educational materials;
* Exploring the possibility of establishing a formal link between the host university and the African Diaspora’s home university or other universities.
* Deliver public talks to general public on the potential of mathematics and STEM for development.
* Mathematicians with a PhD who were born and raised in Africa and are now full-time employed outside of Africa as professors in mathematics.
* Mathematics academic units at any university in Africa who want to build long term connections with African Diaspora Mathematicians and hopefully the home institution of the Diaspora Mathematician.
Number of Awardees: 3
Value of Scholarship: Three partnerships will be funded for two years with each partnership granted Euro 7,000 annually to be used as follows, subject to the monetary policies of the IMU:
* The African Diaspora mathematician shall receive up to Euro 6,000 (based on invoices) to cover airfare, travel insurance, visa processing and living expenses for 3 to 6 weeks at the host university in Africa.
* The African Diaspora mathematician shall, in addition, be granted Euro 1,000 per year (based on invoices), to acquire educational material such as books, software, journals and other learning material, to be left to the host institution.
Duration of Scholarship: Initially, the Program is running as a pilot program in Africa for two years.
How to Apply: Visit link below.