The University of Amsterdam, Netherlands has recently launched a prestigious new scholarship programme targeting exceptionally talented Master’s students from outside Europe. The Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) is a full scholarship of €25,000, covering tuition and living expenses for one academic year. There is the possibility of an extension for a second year for two-year Master’s programmes.
Eligible Field of Study:
* Child Development and Education
* Economics and Business
* Social Sciences
Eligibility: Students from any discipline who graduated in the top 10% of their class may apply. Candidates wishing to apply for an AES scholarship must meet the following requirements:
* Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under studiefinanciering, the Dutch system of study grants and loans. The scholarship office should be notified as soon as possible of any change in nationality, type of residence permit, and/or possible studiefinanciering support throughout the academic year.
* Be (provisionally) admitted to an English-taught Master’s degree programme at the University of Amsterdam which is registered in the Central Register of Higher Education Programmes (CROHO). You can apply for the Master’s programme and the AES scholarship simultaneously. Your Master’s application will be assessed before the AES deadline. In your application, clearly indicate that you are applying for the AES scholarship.
* Be (provisionally) admitted to a Master’s programme at the UvA for the first time. An AES will not be awarded to candidates who are admitted for a second Master’s programme at the UvA.
* Be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations as indicated by the Dutch Immigration Service (IND).
* Be enrolled at the UvA as a full-time student for the academic year and the programme for which the scholarship is awarded. Scholarship continuation is not guaranteed when a candidate changes his or her M
* The candidate should not receive another scholarship for the same period of study as the AES. Notify the UvA if you have been awarded and accepted another scholarship.
Number of Scholarships: The UvA will award up to 6 of these scholarships annually.
Value of Scholarship: Full scholarship of €25,000, covering tuition and living expenses for one academic year.
Duration of Scholarship: Students who receive the AES for a two-year Master’s programme will be evaluated after one year of study.
How to Apply: Visit link below.