In partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), IHE Delft Institute for Water Education (IHE Delft) has launched a new Master of Science Programme in Sanitation. It is a unique, internationally recognized programme, designed for completion in 12 months. Fifteen top talents will be admitted to the first edition of the MSc in Sanitation and will receive a scholarship. The programme with scholarships available for top talents, is based at IHE Delft in the Netherlands, with thesis work abroad, while, in the near future, the programme will also be available at universities in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Field of Study: Participants should have a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in sanitary, civil, chemical, agricultural, environmental engineering, chemistry, ecology, biology, natural science, environmental science, agriculture, environmental economics.
* The programme is dedicated to talented and ambitious young and mid-career sanitation professionals, working in water supply and sewerage companies, municipal assemblies, government ministries, NGOs and consulting firms.
* Ideally these individuals are dealing with urban and peri-urban sanitation, especially in informal settlements.
* Candidates who do not have a degree in the relevant field, but do have various years of work experience in the field of sanitation can also apply.
* Given the global mission of IHE Delft, regional relevance of partner universities, and the close cooperation with the BMGF and its focus on professionals from South Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa, the new programme encourages people from those regions to apply, without excluding applicants from Latin America, North America and Europe.
* Women, irrespective of their geographical location, are encouraged to apply.
Number of Awards: 15 (In the subsequent editions, starting from the class 2019-2020, the programme will be open to more students (up to 50))
Value of Award:
* The scholarship covers: tuition fee; direct study related cost; insurance; visa cost; monthly allowance for living and accommodation; research allowance, international travel. Visa and accommodation will be arranged by IHE Delft.
Duration of Program: 1 year
How to Apply: Visit link below.