Visiting research fellows use their time in Leiden for data analysis and/or writing, often on a joint project with one or more ASCL staff members and with Africanists at other institutes or faculties of Leiden University.
* At the time of applying, the applicant must hold a PhD with a focus on Africa.
* The applicant has to be fluent in English and/or French.
* The applicant must have an active academic career.
* The applicant must have recently published books and/or articles that meet international standards (at least three published articles in the past five years).
* The research fellowship must contribute to interfaculty collaboration at Leiden University.
* Preference is given to candidates employed by an African research institute with which Leiden University already has an MoU or aspires to have an MoU in the framework of the Leiden African Studies Assembly.
* In accordance with visa regulations, applicants must be able to return to their country of origin after their fellowship.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of the Program: A research fellowship includes:
* A return ticket (economy class).
* A daily stipend to cover living expenses.
* Accommodation in Leiden
* A medical/liability insurance
* The use of (shared) office facilities and of library facilities.
Duration of Fellowship: A visiting research fellowship is for a maximum of 90 days.
How to Apply: Visit link below.