Universities of the Coimbra Group offer short-term visits to young African researchers from Sub-Saharan Africa. The main aim of this scholarship programme is to enable scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution and to help them to establish academic and research contacts.
Eligible African Countries: ALL African countries are eligible EXCEPT Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia
The following Coimbra Group universities are participating:
* University of Barcelona (Spain)
* Eötvös Loránd University Budapest (Hungary)
* University of Coimbra (Portugal)
* University of Granada (Spain)
* University of Graz (Austria)
* University of Groningen (The Netherlands)
* KU Leuven (Belgium)
* University of Padova (Italy)
* University of Pavia (Italy)
* University of Poitiers (France)
* University of Salamanca (Spain)
* University of Würzburg (Germany)
Eligibility: Applicants should be:
* born on or after 1 January 1973
* nationals of and current residents in a country in Sub-Saharan Africa
* current staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa
* Of doctoral/postdoctoral or equivalent status although some universities offer grants for Master’s level students (please see details in the table in the Link below).
Female candidates are encouraged to apply and will be prioritized.
Number of Awardees: Limited
Value of the Program: Excellent academic knowledge in quality facilities including financial support for tuition, living costs, airfares etc.
Duration of Program: From 1 to maximum 3 months.
How to Apply: Visit link below.