International Courses and Training Programmes are part of the global study programmes of the Higher Education Institutions. They are open to all students who satisfy the conditions of qualification, but aim at proposing training units that distinguish themselves by their openness towards specific development issues.
Eligible African Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Niger, DR Congo, Rwanda, Senegal.
Eligibility: The following will apply for the selection of holders of scholarships:
* Originally from a developing country. To be eligible, applicants must reside and work in their own country at the time of filing;
* Only nationals of the eligible countries are eligible to apply;
* Either under the age of 40 for courses and under 45 for training periods at the start of training;
* Either holds a diploma comparable to a diploma of the second cycle of Belgian university education. However, for certain types of training, different requirements may be set out, which will be specified below;
* Demonstrates a professional occupation in a developing country of at least two years after completing his / her second cycle or three years after the end of his / her studies when the candidate holds a post-graduate diploma a university in an industrialized country;
* A good knowledge of written and spoken French. For courses organized in another language, it is necessary to have a good knowledge of the language of the course, written and spoken. The candidate will also be asked to commit to learning French in order to participate in everyday life in Belgium;
* Apply for a single training
The following criteria will be taken into account for the selection of candidates for a scholarship:
* The academic curriculum
* For courses, priority will be given to candidates who are already holders of a diploma third cycle, save in exceptional circumstances duly justified in the application.
* Priority will be given to candidates who have not already received a grant in Belgium.
* Professional experience
* Belonging to a partner institution: The commitment of the candidate in development activities
* Nationality requirements
* Gender equality
* The future reintegration prospects
Number of Scholarships: ARES grants 150 scholarships for participation into the masters and 70 scholarships for participation into the training programmes.
Value of Scholarship: Travel (internal and external), Monthly living allowance, Indirect mission costs, Installation costs, Tuition fees, Registration fee, Insurance costs, Housing allowance, Allowances for dependents, Return fees, In 1st session completion bonus (June).
Duration of Scholarship: Period of study
How to Apply: Visit link below.