VLIR-UOS funds and facilitates academic cooperation and exchange between higher education institutions in Flanders (Belgium) and those in developing countries, which aims at building capacity, knowledge and experience for a sustainable development. The master programmes focus on specific problems of developing countries. These are designed to enable graduates to share and apply acquired knowledge in the home institution and country. In the shorter training programmes the focus is on transferring skills rather than knowledge, thus creating opportunities for cooperation and networking.
Eligible African Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
Field of Study: Only the following English taught courses at Belgian Flemish universities or university colleges are eligible for scholarships:
* Master of Human Settlements
* Master of Development Evaluation and Management
* Master of Governance and Development
* Master of Globalization and Development
* Master of Cultura Anthropology and Development Studies
* Master of Science in Food Technology
* Master of Aquaculture (IMAQUA)
* Master of Epidemiology
* Master of Agro-and Environmental Nematology
* Master of Rural Development
* Master of Statistics
* Master of Water Resources Engineering
* Master of Sustainable Territorial Development
* Master of Transportation Sciences and Road Safety in Low & Middle Income Countries
* Master of Science in Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management (Oceans and Lakes)
* Audio-visual Learning Materials – Management, Production and Activities (AVLM)
* Sustainable Development and Human Rights Law (SUSTLAW)
* International Module for Spatial Development Planning
* Evidence-based decision making in food safety
* Modern breeding techniques of maize:
* I-EBQ (International training on Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Qualitative research methods):
* Fungibility with other VLIR-UOS funding
* Age: The maximum age for an ICP candidate is 35 years for an initial masters and 40 years for an advanced masters. The maximum age for an ITP candidate is 45 years. The candidate cannot succeed this age on January 1 of the intake year.
* Nationality and Country of Re
* Professional background and experience
* Former VLIR-UOS scholarship applications and previously awarded scholarships.
* The ICP candidate has never received a scholarship from the Belgian government to attend a master programme or equivalent or was never enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution to attend a master programme or equivalent before January 1 of the intake year
The following criteria will be taken into account for the selection of candidates for a scholarship:
* Professional experience.
* Gender. In case of two equally qualified candidates of different sexes, preference will be given to the female candidate.
* Regional balance.
* Social background.
* Previously awarded scholarships.
Number of Awardees: VLIR-UOS will award up to 180 scholarships to first-year master students and 70 scholarships to training participants.
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship covers ALL related expenses (full cost).
Duration of Scholarship: The master programmes will last for one or two academic years while the shorter training programmes will last 14 to 90 days.
How to Apply: Visit link below.