The selection for the Priority Country Programme is made only once a year. In this respect, those who are planning to exchange in the Spring Semester (January-August) should apply. The aim of this programme is to promote exchange of students between Belgium/Flanders and following priority countries.
Eligible African Countries: Morocco, South Africa.
To be taken at: Various universities in Belgium
* KU Leuven / University of Leuven
* University of Antwerp
* Ghent University
* Hasselt University
* Vrije Universiteit Brussel
University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences)
* Artesis Plantijn Hogeschool Antwerpen
* Erasmushogeschool Brussel
* Hogere Zeevaartschool
* Hogeschool Gent
* Howest, Hogeschool West-Vlaanderen
* Karel de Grote-Hogeschool
* LUCA School of Arts
* Odisee: Stefanie Derks
* Hogeschool PXL
* Hogeschool VIVES
* Thomas More Mechelen-Antwerpen
* Thomas More Kempen
* UC Leuven
* UC Limburg
Eligibility: Due to the unique nature of this program, in order to be eligible, the exchange project needs to fulfill all requirements below:
* The applicant of a Priority Country Programme grant is fulltime enrolled in a study programme of EQF level 5, 6 or 7.
* In case of study mobility: A higher education institution in Belgium/Flanders (Home institution) and an educational institution in Brazil, Chile, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Russia, South Africa, Turkey or the United States of America (Host institution) have established an academic cooperation agreement or have the intention to set up a new cooperation agreement by writing a letter of engagement.
* In case of internship: A higher education institution in Belgium/Flanders (Home institution) and an institution/organization/company in Brazil, Chile, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Russia, South Africa, Turkey or the United States of America (Host institution) have established a traineeship agreement.
* The Flemish higher education institution, as well as the partner from Brazil, Chile, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Russia, South Africa, Turkey or the United States of America cannot ask tuition fees to the students for the exchanges.
* To be eligible for a Priority Country Programme grant, the student cannot be staying in the country of the Host institution already at the time of the selection procedure.
* International students meet all academic entrance criteria, including relevant language requirements, for entering the study programme in the Flemish host institution.
* A maximum of six applications per country can be submitted per higher education institution.
Nationality of the student is not a criterion
Number of Awards: It is estimated that 100 to 120 students can benefit from the Priority Country Programme.
Value and Duration of Scholarship:
* The grant amount is €650/month for the Flemish student with a total maximum of €2.600 and €800/month for the international student with a total maximum of €3.200.
* The students receive a supplementary reimbursement for travel expenses.
How to Apply: