The Flemish Interuniversity Council (VLIR-UOS) offers 12 scholarships each year for our ICP Master’s programme Master of Statistics.
Eligible African Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
Eligibility: Academic eligibility criteria
* Diploma requirements: Students should hold at least a university diploma or degree certificate or a diploma of higher education equivalent to a bachelor degree (180 ECTS credit points). Applications of holders of a bachelor degree in mathematics, physics, computer sciences, chemistry, biology, life sciences, bio-, business-, civil engineering, medicine, sociology, psychology, artificial intelligence, biotechnology with a sufficiently strong background in mathematics and statistics can apply.
* Language requirements: Candidates who wish to apply have to demonstrate good command of the English language, both spoken and written. English language skills need to be confirmed by a recent score on the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or any recognized proficiency test:
* a TOEFL score report (paper-based: score 550 or more, computer based: score 213 or more, internet-based: score 79-80)
* IELTS certificate (overall band score 6.0)
The English Language Test can be waived on the basis of an interview or if English language proficiency is proven otherwise (e.g. if education or part of it was in English or if English is a national language in your home country).
* A candidate should be a national and resident of one of the countries above at the time of application:
* The maximum age for a Master programme candidate is 35 years. The candidate cannot succeed this age on January 1 of the intake year.
Number of Awards: 12
Value of Award: Which costs are covered by the scholarship?
* Allowance: € 890/month
* Accommodation allowance: € 390/month
* Family allowance: € 62 per dependent person/month
* Several one-time payments
* Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
How to Apply: Visit link below.