Being an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree, the IMRD programmes is entitled to – each academic year – award a limited number of Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) Student scholarships to promising nationals of Erasmus+ Partner Countries. The aim of these scholarships is for these promising students to finance their participation to the IMRD programme. It offers the opportunity to become an international expert on rural development in its diversity of approaches and applications.
Through IMRD you can study at least one semester at the following universities:
* Ghent University (Belgium)
* Humboldt University of Berlin (Germany)
* Agrocampus Ouest (France)
* University of Pisa (Italy)
* Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra (Slovakia)
* ESPOL (Ecuador)
* China Agricultural University (China)
* Nanjing Agricultural University (China)
* University of Arkansas (USA)
* University of Pretoria (South Africa)
* University of Agricultural Sciences of Bangalore (India).
Eligibility: Open for applicants who have the official nationality of an Erasmus+ Partner Country, meet the IMRD admission requirements and have been academically admitted by the IMRD Management Board to participate in the IMRD programme. Other eligibility requirements of the program include:
* Applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s degree of min. 3 years from a university or recognized equivalent in preferably bioscience engineering or agricultural sciences, (preferably agricultural economics) with good overall scores (at least a second class or equivalent, preferably higher).
* Applicants must be able to demonstrate through their transcripts basic science training in: (i) mathematics and/or statistics; (ii) agronomy and/or biology and/or environmental sciences; and (iii) social sciences/sociology and/or rural development and/or economics.
* Language requirements: The English language proficiency can be met by providing a certificate (validity of 5 years) of one of the following tests: – TOEFL IBT 80 – TOEFL PBT 550 – ACADEMIC IELTS 6,5 overall score – CEFR B2 Issued by a European university language centre – ESOL CAMBRIDGE English CAE (Advanced).
EMJDM Student Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit. Notwithstanding, the Selection and Award Committee takes the following 3 points into consideration:
* a fair gender balance amongst the scholarship awardees
* a fair geographical balance (ideally max. 2 scholarships per nationality)
* the choice for the Thesis Partner University in order for a fair balance amongst consortium partners (max. 1 EMJMD scholarship per Thesis Partner University per intake).
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
* 2 year Programme Costs for the IMRD programme (= 2 x 9,000 => 18,000 EUR)
* 2 year full worldwide insurance coverage
* contribution to travel and installation costs (either 5,000 or 7,000 EUR)
* 24 monthly subsistence allowances (= 24 x 1,000 => 24,000 EUR)
The EMJMD Student Scholarship does not include:
* visa costs
* study material
* transportation costs from one mobility to another
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
How to Apply: Visit link below.