The Science@Leuven Scholarships are for motivated and talented international students who are interested in participating in an international master programme of the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven.
Fields of Study:
* Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics
* Master of Biology
* Master of Biophysics, Biochemistry and Biotechnology
* Master of Chemistry
* Master of Geography
* Master of Mathematics
* Master of Physics
* Master of Statistics
* Interuniversity Master of Geology
* Erasmus Mundus Master of Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling
* Erasmus Mundus Master Sustainable and Territorial Development
Eligibility: Candidates must meet and prove the following requirements:
* the applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
* the applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
* the applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a PhD,
* the applicants can prove having had excellent study results during their former training,
* the applicants can prove a very strong knowledge of English,
* the applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven
* the applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
Selection: The selection procedure involves several steps:
* The applicants go through the admission procedure of the Master Programme of their choice. Only students admitted to a Master Programme of the Faculty of Science are considered for the scholarship.
* The applicants with a complete file and meeting all the necessary requirements are selected for the first round.
* The list of applicants per master programme is sent to the respective programme director who ranks the students eligible for the Scholarship.
* The selection committee receives the list of the selected applicants per programme and agrees on a ranking of all the applicants.
* The selection committee selects a number of students to be interviewed via Skype.
* The selected applicants are interviewed via Skype
* The selection committee makes a final ranking of all the candidates that have been interviewed.
* The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund defines how many scholarships are available and awards the scholarships.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10.000 Euro for 1 year. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year. Most master programmes of the Faculty of Science are 2-year programmes. The scholarship for the second master year will only be continued for students having had outstanding results the first master year.
How to Apply: Visit link below.