With this programme, KU Leuven wishes to stimulate South-North exchanges. The programme intends to offer new opportunities to researchers to stimulate capacity-building in the South. The programme is funded from the KU Leuven development cooperation budget, which is managed by the Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation (IRO). IRO will also select the candidates
Eligible African Countries: Angola, Kenya, Cabo Verde, Benin, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Congo, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Burundi, Egypt, Central African Republic, Chad, Ghana, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Morocco, Lesotho, Nigeria, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Swaziland, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia
Fields of Study: Funding is available for research stays at KU Leuven:
* with the aim of specializing in a certain research field, preparing a publication or participating in a training programme
* in the context of university development cooperation.
* Candidates should have obtained their PhD at least three years prior to applying.
* Candidates should originate from one of the Least Developed Countries, Low Income Countries or Low Middle Income Countries, as indicated on the DAC list of OECD.
* Candidates should be employed by an institution located in one of the countries mentioned above.
* Candidates should be invited and supported by a KU Leuven supervisor who is a senior staff member (ZAP).
* Priority will be given to applicants under the age of fifty.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
* the formal application requirements
* the applicant’s quality
* the development relevance of the proposal
* a well-balanced distribution of the available grants across all nationalities and KU Leuven faculties involved
Number of Awardees: Not stated
Value of Award: Grants will include:
* a monthly allowance of € 1,500
* a plane ticket (with a maximum of € 1,200)
* insurance coverage during the stay in Leuven.
Duration of Fellowship: Minimum duration of 90 days
How to Apply: Visit link below.