The aim of the IPCC Scholarship Programme is to build capacity in the understanding and management of climate change in developing countries through providing opportunities for young scientists from developing countries to undertake studies that would not be possible without the intervention of the Fund. Applications from Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Small Island Developing States (SIDS) researching topics with the fields of study chosen for the call for applications are given priority.
Field of Study:
* Climate and water
* Climate and the oceans
* Underlying science of climate change
* Socio-economic modelling related to climate change
Applications will be submitted to a two-level selection process. IPCC scientific experts will assess the applications in a first review. The IPCC Science Board will then review the applications and make a final selection of candidates to receive the awards.
* Have an admission offer or be enrolled in PhD studies at a university of your choice
* Applicants must be younger than 30 years of age at the time of application
* Applicants must be nationals of developing countries – Priority will be given to students from Least Developed Countries (LCDs) and Small Island Developing States.
Number of Scholarship Positions: Several
Scholarship benefits: Each scholarship award is worth a maximum amount of 15,000 Euros per year for up to two years during the period
Value of Scholarship: Period of study
How to Apply: Visit link below.