The Finland Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarship cannot be applied for Master’s level studies or post-Doctoral studies/research. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme application form is not an application for a study/research placement. It is merely an application for funding.
Eligible African Countries: Egypt, Namibia.
Eligibility: In order to be an eligible applicant for the Finland Government scholarships, candidate must first successfully apply for a study/research placement at a Finnish
university/public research institute – in other words, you must be at least provisionally accepted either as a visiting Doctoral-level student/researcher, or as a full-time Doctoral degree student.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
* have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying (see section ‘Doctoral Admissions’)
* have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project
* have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
* intend to pursue post-Master’s level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a university or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies
* not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland
* be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research
* be a national of one of the eligible countries
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of The Scholarship: scholarship includes:
* a monthly allowance of EUR 1500. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
* Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland are not covered by the programme. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
Duration of Scholarship: The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme can be applied for a study/research period of 3-9 months, 9 months being the maximum time for an individual applicant.
How to Apply: Visit link below.