Sweden is considered to be one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice. Swedish companies play a prominent role in finding new, innovative ways to integrate social, environmental and ethical concerns into their core business models. But the challenges are global and we have a common need for sustainable development. SIMP Africa is partly funded by the Swedish Government and aims at emerging leaders. The programme curriculum revolves around advanced business-related problem solving, seminars and meetings with front figures in the commercial, political and cultural fields, as well as on-site company visits.
Do you want to be a part of an international network of emerging leaders focused on responsible leadership and sustainable business practices? Join the Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) Africa.
Eligible Countries: Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia
Eligibility: To apply to SIMP Africa you have to:
* aspire to make sustainability an integral part of your business strategy
* be in a leading position within trade, industry or the public sector
* have mandate to influence the business strategy for your organization
* be between 25-45 years old
* have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
* be a citizen and resident of Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia
* can take part in all parts of the programme
* be willing to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme
The applications will be evaluated according to the following selection criteria:
* The relevance and quality of personal motivation and commitment, and the applicant’s answers in the application form.
* An assessment of the CV
* The general qualifications of the applicant
Number of Awards: 25
Value of Program:
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
* Training and content
* Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
* Flight tickets to and from Sweden
* Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
Costs covered and arranged by you
* Flight tickets to and from the kick-off and module 2
* Visas costs, when necessary, to all programme modules
* Occasional meals
* Occasional airport transfers
* Insurance when modules are held outside of Sweden
Duration of Program: The programme, spread over seven months, comprises three weeks of intensive training divided into an introductory kick-off at the Swedish Embassy in each country, a two week module in Sweden and a concluding five day module in Africa.
How to Apply: Visit link below.