Do you work to strengthen democracy, freedom of expression and human rights? Do you use media or the arts as a means to bring about change? Creative Force funds international projects of this kind. If you have a project idea and a partner in one of the target countries, you should apply. It is a funding programme for international projects which work though media or the arts to strengthen basic freedoms and rights.
It offers two types of grant:
* Seed Funding is available for carrying out a planning trip, a visit or a pilot project, for example.
* Collaborative Projects are larger projects with a creative, capacity-building aspect and sustainable goals. You can also use this funding to scale-up a project which has previously received Seed Funding.
Eligible African Countries: Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia
* Any type of organization which is registered in Sweden.
* Your organization must have been registered for at least one year (for seed funding) or two years (for collaborative projects).
* You must write your application jointly with a partner organization in one (or more) of the Creative Force target countries.
* The main applicant is a Swedish-registered organization.
* The project uses media or the arts as a means to strengthen democracy, freedom of expression and human rights in the target countries.
* The project fulfills the specific Creative Force programme objectives for the country(s) you want to work with.
* The project includes some kind of transfer of knowledge between partners.
* You have a target group of highly motivated people in the partner country(s) who want new skills or knowledge to help them bring about change.
* The project’s achievements will continue to spread and have an impact after the project has finished.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
* Seed Funding: up to SEK 100,000 for an initiative which you must complete within 12 months.
* Collaborative Projects: up to SEK 500,000 per 12-month period. A project may last 24 months at most (in other words, you can apply for max. SEK 1 million).
How to Apply: Visit link below.