The Hungarian Deputy State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians through the Tempus Public Foundation offer scholarships available for bachelor, master and one-tier master programmes. The core mission of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is to provide the possibility of studying in Hungary for young Christian students living in the crisis regions of the world and/or being threatened in their country because of their faith.
After completing their studies, the scholarship holders will return to help their home community with their gained knowledge, and they will participate in the reconstruction of war-destroyed countries and contribute to improvement of social situation and preservation of culture of Christian communities.
Eligible African Countries: Egypt, Nigeria.
Eligibility: The Scholarship Programme is based on the cooperation between the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary and churches, pursuing humanitarian activities in crisis regions.
* The applicants may not have Hungarian citizenship.
* Local Churches are to verify and prove that the applicant belongs to their religious community. Only those applications can be awarded with scholarship, which also possess the recommendation from the local Church along with the approval of the Deputy State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians.
* Scholarship holders must possess the relevant language and education certificates, degrees requested by the host university of the selected degree programme.
* The scholarship holders commit themselves in the scholarship agreement that after the scholarship agreement ends they return to their home countries, if the local security and political conditions allow it
* Scholarships are for young applicants who are older than 18 years of age by the time their education starts
* An individual may win the scholarship only one time at a study level.
Applications are considered formally eligible if all criteria are met:
* the applicant is eligible for participation in the Scholarship Programme;
* the applicant has applied for a scholarship type and study programme available within the framework of the Scholarship Programme;
* the applicant has submitted the application and all documents as required no later than the application deadline (except for cases listed in section 3.3.);
* the applicant has proved his/her language proficiency and the language skills meet the requirements of the Host Institution.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program:
* Tuition-free education
* Monthly stipend contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year
* Reimbursement of travel costs
* Medical insurance
How to Apply: Visit link below.