Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship offers scholarships for suitably qualified individuals to pursue a research master’s or PhD (either traditional or structured), in any discipline, at eligible higher education institutions in Ireland.
The aim of the Irish Research Council Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship, hereinafter referred to as the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship, is to support suitably qualified research master’s and doctoral candidates pursuing, or intending to pursue, full-time research in any discipline.
* have a first class or upper second-class honors bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree. If a scholar does not have a first class or upper second-class honors bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree, they must possess a master’s degree.
* must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the programme, including strategic partner themes.
* in the case of applications for a research master’s scholarship, applicants must not currently hold, or have previously held, a Council Postgraduate Scholarship;
* in the case of applications for a doctoral degree scholarship, applicants must not currently hold, or have previously held, any Council Postgraduate Scholarship other than those which would enable them to obtain a research master’s degree
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
* a stipend of €16,000 per annum
* a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum
* eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum
Duration of Program:
* Research master’s degree: 12 months
* Structured research master’s degree: 24 months
* Traditional doctoral degree: 36 months
* Structured doctoral degree: 48 months
How to Apply: Visit link below.