AfricaLics – the African Network for Economics of Learning, Innovation and Competence Building Systems seeks suitable PhD student candidates from universities in African countries to participate in the AfricaLics Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme focused on innovation and development.
The aim of the scholarships and the visiting fellowship programme is to help African PhD students working in the field of innovation and development to strengthen their academic/research qualifications; improve quality of their dissertations and prepare for a career in innovation and development either within academia or outside (e.g. in the private sector or in government/policy making).
* The scholarship option is open to PhD students from low and lower-middle income countries in Africa whose studies – irrespective of sectoral discipline – focus on innovation and development.
* Female PhD students are particularly encouraged to apply.
* Applicants must be enrolled as PhD students at African universities and must have completed their first year of PhD studies by February.
* The visiting scholarship is complementary to the studies of the PhD students and applicants must already have secured basic funding for their PhD studies from other sources.
* The programme gives priority to students working on topics related to the research themes identified by the AfricaLics network as important to the future of Africa.
Number of Awards: A maximum of four visiting scholarships are available.
Duration of Program: Approx. five months.
Value of Program:
* The International Office at AAU will assist students in obtaining work permit and accommodation for the visit to Denmark.
* Travel costs (economy class) and health insurance will be covered.
* The visiting scholars will receive a stipend of 14.000 DKK per month (equivalent to app. 2000 USD).
* The scholarship covers only costs related to the visit of the student him/herself.
How to Apply: Visit link below.