The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark (MFA) provides grants for development research activities as part of Denmark’s international development cooperation. Two windows are available, providing grants for research with partners in Danida priority countries and for research with partners in growth and transition countries. Within the framework of Danish development cooperation, the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs calls for research proposals between Denmark and researchers in partner countries.
Eligible African Countries: Ghana, Tanzania, Kenya, South Africa
* In accordance with the overall objectives of Danida’s support for research, grants will be awarded to strategic research cooperation which generates new knowledge relevant to the needs and strategies of the growth and transition countries and contributes to strengthening research capacity in these countries.
* Applications can only be submitted by universities or by a research-based institution (public and private) in Denmark, which will be responsible for the grant. The project coordinator must be attached to that institution.
* At the time of submitting the application, the project coordinator must hold a PhD or equivalent qualification, documented clearly in the CV. Documented evidence that he/she is a Professor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor is regarded as equivalent to a PhD.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
* DKK 5 million for each project.
* The total budget available for this research window is approximately DKK 60 million. The funding is conditional of the Danish Parliament’s approval of the 2018 Finance Bill.
* It is envisaged that the extension project could be up to 5 years’ duration with an additional grant of up to DKK 10 million.
Duration of Program: 18 to 36 months
How to Apply: Visit link below.