The European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO) offers a number of training fellowships to support trainees in Surgical Oncology. The aim of this Fellowship is to allow young surgeons to visit a specialist center outside of their own country and help them expand their experience and learn new techniques. ESSO was founded in 1981 to advance the art, science and practice of surgery for the treatment of cancer. Central to achieving this objective is ESSO’s willingness to collaborate, interact and foster an open exchange with a range of other specialties.
The fellowship must take place in a country other than the applicant’s current place of training. European applicants may choose to visit European or non-European units, while non-European applicants must choose to visit a European center.
* Applicants must be a specialist, trainee or junior doctor with a declared intention of specializing in a sub-specialty of surgical oncology (breast, upper GI, hepatobiliary and pancreatic, colorectal, endocrine, head and neck, thoracic, skin cancer and melanoma, gynaecology, urology, sarcoma).
* Applicants must be or become ESSO members before the start date of the award.
* Applicants must be younger than 40 years of age or be in a training grade
* Both European and non-European citizens can apply. European applicants may choose to visit European or non-European units, while non-European applicants must choose to visit a European center.
* Previous Fellowship recipients will be ineligible to apply for a second award.
Value of Scholarship: The Education and Training Committee grants two types of fellowships each year:
* 8 standard training fellowships (value 2.000 EUR): from 1 to 3 months
* 1 major training fellowship (value 10.000 EUR): from 4 to 12 months
How to Apply: Visit link below.